At METRO we say "We make it count" because our accounting is not just about numbers
, we make it count for
more. We already have over than 400 employees
, we operate our METRO/MAKRO brands in around 20 countries around the
world, we have been operating in Szczecin for 12 years
, and in our internal engagement survey, almost 90% of our employees
said that working at METRO is meaningful and allows them to grow. METRO is a leading international wholesaler operating in more than 30 countries worldwide with more than 93,000 employees.
Join us, feel the 'We make it count' spirit and create a METRO community for which Accounting always counts for something more.Job DescriptionGeneral duties:
- responsibility for performing basic tasks within a selected area of accounting,
- issuing and posting invoices, clearing bank statements, taking care of customer settlements, clearing items on customer accounts,
- care for the efficiency, accuracy and timelines of all tasks,
- close cooperation with an international partner,
- intermittent participation in business trips,
- full engagement into the process of learning and adaptation,
- supporting team's member in daily work.
Additional InformationYour benefits:
- secondary education or university degree (relevant subject of studies preferred),
- at least good knowledge of English and fluent knowledge of Italian,
- ability to think analytically,
- self-discipline and the ability to work under time pressure,
- experience related with accounting.
- stability - the first contract is for 6 months, the next for an indefinite period, because we believe that you will stay with us for as long as possible
- tasks that matter - 84% of our employees consider their work to be important
- non-wage benefits - up to PLN 8,000 per year per person, including, among others, quarterly bonuses, annual bonuses, performance awards, holiday subsidies, money for holidays and culture, money for job referrals
- a working system adapted to you - if you live in another city in Poland you can visit us, move to Szczecin or work from home, you decide
- relocation package - PLN 6,000 to move to Szczecin
- professional training - in the fields of accounting, software - SAP, soft skills and language learning with a total value of up to PLN 10 000 per person per year
- free access to Udemy and eTutor
- internationality - the languages you know are used by us every day, English is a must!
- higher salary of PLN 400 to PLN 1,600 if you know an additional language
- a clear career path - you can be promoted to a new position after just one year!
- vertical and horizontal promotions, we regularly recruit internally - 78% of our Team Leaders come from internal recruitment and this number is constantly growing
- enhancing knowledge and experience in various areas
- support for ACCA students - including an extra paid day off for the exam and reimbursement of the ACCA exam costs, which guarantees you accounting certification
- good atmosphere - 78% of our employees consider the working atmosphere to be positive
- open working culture - your superiors are available to you, we focus on relationships and communication, we are all there for you
- team and company integrations after hours - 2 times a year you integrate with your team, 2 times a year with the whole company
- free breathing training worth up to PLN 2,100 per person per year - because your well-being is important to us
- private medical care and group insurance, also for family members
- subsidised sports card
- anniversary gifts such as a speaker or Kindle or annual prizes such as a PLN 2,000 voucher for whatever you want
- air-conditioned, green office in a state-of-the-art building in the city centre - you can reach us by public transport from any part of the city, avoiding traffic jams
- and, of course, free coffee and employee discounts to service outlets in the Posejdon office building.