About Moonbug Entertainment:
Moonbug is a next generation entertainment company that has cemented itself in the children's media space. Would you like to be part of the next frontier of inspiring and engaging stories to kids around the world?
Founded in 2018, with primary offices in London and Los Angeles, Moonbug creates, produces and publishes thousands of minutes of video and audio content every month with the goal of teaching compassion, empathy and resilience. We are a fast-paced global company, and have already grown to become the largest kids’ entertainment company on digital platforms in the world. Some of our existing titles include global sensations CoComelon, Blippi, Little Baby Bum, Morphle, Supa Strikas, ARPO and many more which are available in 32 languages and can be viewed on more than 100 platforms globally.
Moonbug is part of Candle Media, an independent, creator-friendly home for cutting-edge, high-quality, category-defining brands and franchises. Candle is run by leading entertainment executives Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs, and backed by investment capital from funds managed by Blackstone’s flagship private equity business.
The Senior Manager Retail International will be a key member of the Retail Development Team at Moonbug Entertainment. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Head of International in developing and executing short and long-term retail strategies for Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific. The individual will leverage the richness of Moonbug’s content to build a sustainable business that supports annual revenue targets.
This leader will be responsible for working with our retail partners, agents and licensees in assisting with the sell-in of our franchises to retailers and the development and execution of retail programs in line with brand guidelines and local / national / global business objectives and strategies.
- Lead the strategy for expansion of Moonbug properties across all retail and e-commerce at International level, inclusive of CoComelon, Blippi, Little Angel and several others
- Meet revenue goals by securing, developing, and implementing retail programs designed to drive revenue across all key licensed product categories.
- Develop long range plans that include growth of existing accounts, new business generation and maximisation of resources within key markets.
- Build and manage the performance of a team of retail sales professionals in key markets across Europe (UK retail agent, European Licensing agents and the Moonbug Sales Manager)
- Coordinate with the Retail Head of Americas in the creation of global retail sales strategies, serving as the leader of global territories
- In collaboration with the broader licensing team and agents, craft retail activity that outline revenue projections and long-range growth plans.
- Collaborate with Franchise Management, Brand Marketing, Licensing and Creative teams on overarching campaigns to deliver to retail.
- Work with retail marketing team to sell in retail themes each year/season for each brand, aligned with brand marketing and content teams
- Bring forward individual research projects involving retail trends, key seasonality, buying cycles and changing dynamics for local market
- Work on the creation and delivery of targeted retailer presentations to pitch, support or launch licensing programs with marketing and promotional support
- Identify white space at key retailers and collaborate with licensing team to fill voids and optimise revenue
- Develop and maintain a retail status report for key accounts managed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding of brand and property positioning
- On ground relationships with key retailers in the UK and key European markets
- Proven success in ideating, developing and executing retail promotions and marketing programs.
- Specific understanding of the International retail landscape
- Flexible/ability to adjust to a changing business environment
- Strong relationship builder who facilitates a positive culture both internally and with external partners.
- Collaborative style and can build consensus with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Clear, articulate communication style; able to synthesize business complexity quickly
- German, Spanish, French and/or Italian speaker desired, but not essential
- Bachelor's Degree in business management, retail management, marketing or equivalent program
- 5+ years of experience in retail sales and account management
- Experience and relationships with local retailers in major EMEA markets
- Valid passport and ability to travel internationally.
- Passionate about the business. Takes personal pride in their work and delivers at pace
- A future thinker, excellent future manager and positive mindset on what’s ahead
- A strong and compelling salesperson, personable and outgoing personality
- Proactive and resourceful