J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Our clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
As Securities Based Lending Analyst you will assist the Lender with the team's underwriting responsibilities include, but not limited to, analyzing, approving, and documenting loans, lines of credit, and derivatives. SBL team is Global Wealth Management's solution for underwriting loans and lines of credit that are fully collateralized by liquid securities. SBL Team manages a significant part of the International credit book and aim to turn around new business requests within 2 business days. Job responsibilities
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Underwrites new and amendment credit requests in a timely fashion and liaise with other teams across the firm, if needed, to ensure timely delivery
- Supports business with internal stakeholders (including, but not limited to, Bankers, Investors, Lending Advisors, Credit Executives, Legal etc.) to deliver the best product solution with a sound credit structure
- Reviews credit proposals for adherence to policy, accurate borrower analysis and a complete credit risk assessment. Maintain the highest standards of quality and accuracy
- Coordinates with SBL partners to drive efficiency and consistent approach to risk and the business
- Maintains a consistently high level of awareness around any potential credit issues. Proactively resolve exceptions, including under-margin situations, past due principal/interest, transactional issues and documentation exceptions
- Bachelor's Degree and/or relevant business experience in a similar role
- Italian and English fluency
- Understanding or experience with credit risk or lending analysis, including underwriting, lending value analysis, derivatives, credit regulations, and legal documentation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to drive change
- Ability to work well in an integrated team environment; dedicated team player
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.